Traditional VS Modern Web Methodology
You have a business and an amazing online presence for it, yet you don’t get any leads from it. Ever wondered why? Having a well designed and eye catching website is important but that is not sufficient in order to grab more clients and conversion.
Take it this way, build a mansion somewhere on this planet and don’t tell anyone about it. Do you think people would get dreams about your great mansion and come to check it out, I don’t think so. You would need to put in marketing to spread the word out there. Your business relies on a variety of marketing and advertising methods to reach potential customers and leads. Over time, the marketing methods you use have likely evolved, changed, or even been retired and replaced with new ones. Today’s marketing teams understand all too well that their efforts to create engaging content and fantastic email marketing may go to waste if their website is woefully out-of-date. Studies indicate that over 90% of consumers may feel “uneasy” about a brand solely based on their website experience. Consumer expectations for a positive user experience, including website navigation, page load times, and mobile-optimization, are quickly changing. If your site fails to provide an adequately modern experience, your prospects could dismiss your brand entirely before even exploring your inbound marketing materials.
Traditional Website Design
To be clear, conventional web design is the right option for some brands. Companies with fantastic marketing momentum and a dated website may choose to invest in a one-and-done development approach. If you have more than 10,000 monthly visitors and exceptional marketing assets that don’t include excessive paid search, traditional web design might be the right option for you.
What would it extinct
While traditional web design can offer a familiar experience for brands, there are significant disadvantages associated with the process. In fact, the typical approach to web design can present a “great deal of systemic risk” and the potential for missed opportunities. Websites carry an expiration date of approximately 6-24 months; though this can vary according to industry and buyer personas.While your mileage may vary, brands often find that traditional web design processes can carry the following cons:
- Significant up-front cost investment
- Time commitment of 3-6 months until the product is finished
- Resulting design is based on assumptions of your buyer’s journey that could be wrong
- Design timelines and project scope can shift if your requirements change mid-design
- Your website is subjective, and may not be based on marketing analytics and data
- Will begin going obsolete as soon as it’s launched
Is traditional web design the right solution for some companies? Absolutely. For brands with serious marketing options, a high volume of website visitors and a fantastic, data-driven understanding of their buyers’ journey, traditional web design can be the right solution. However, for companies without sufficient marketing analytics or buyers’ journey knowledge to design the right web experience, the product of traditional web development can miss the mark.
Modern web design
If your company needs to simultaneously focus on marketing and website improvements, growth driven design might be the right solution. This approach allows you to divide your budget and time between improving your inbound marketing strategy and website while developing a better understanding of your prospects’ preferences and buyers’ journey. If your monthly website visitors are between 1 and 10,000, growth driven design is a powerful way to maximize your marketing budget. If you select this approach, your brand will focus on first creating a simple launch pad website. Once the launch pad is complete, you’ll launch monthly improvements based on your team’s priorities and your marketing analytics.
Why would it rule?
It takes an agile approach to ensuring your website never goes out of date, by prioritizing monthly improvements. This ensures that you’re able to keep up with the quickly changing preferences of consumers, and optimize your site for your buyer personas. Pros of this approach include:
- Launch a new design in far less time for far less cost (50% faster and 50% cheaper, on average).
- The ability to measure, learn and optimize based on real data
- The power to tweak and change the website as buyer behaviour changes
- There is no large up-front cost investment, as cost is spread out over months
- Continual improvements ensure your website is never entirely out-of-date
- Return on investment since your design is based on user data
If your website is not producing any leads or revenue, let us take a look at it. We can help you with:
- You’re not connecting with your target clients.
- Your site isn’t converting.
- Your branding doesn’t reflect how your business has evolved.
- Your website makes you cringe and you’re embarrassed to share it.
- You need to book more clients/increase your income.
- You need to launch a new product.
- You need to update your site to conform to changes in SEO or mobile standards.
- And lots more!
When we work together, we’ll identify specific goals for your branding and business, and the strategy will be created around that. Give us a call at +1 (347) 960-4166 and let the adventure begin.
September 6, 2018
August 13, 2018
August 2, 2018